- Senior Associate ANZIIF
- Diploma Financial Services (General Insurance)
- Certified Insurance Professional - (CIP)
- Electrical Fitter Mechanic
Currently based in the Brisbane office of YDR, with over 19 years’ experience in the management of claims, dealing with construction, engineering, property and business interruption losses both locally and interstate for Australian and International insurers.
Michael commenced working as a Loss Adjuster in 2000 and has accumulated wide-ranging experience. Prior to entering the insurance industry, he worked in the construction industry as an Electrician, specialising in the construction and maintenance of local government assets specifically sewerage and water plants, air conditioning plant and quarrying facilities.
Notable claims handled include:
- Contract Works – fire to contract works and existing structure ($1.5m)
- Hail Damage claim to school buildings and contents ($7.0m)
- Hail Damage and Business Interruption claim to motor dealership buildings and resulting asbestos contamination of spare parts ($7.4m)
- Accidental Damage – underground electrical HV cabling ($.25m)
- Flood Damage and Business Interruption claim to a heritage listed Hotel and Restaurant ($5.5m)
- Flood damage including increased cost of working and loss of profits – Truck retailer and servicing ($11m)
- Fire – latex adhesive manufacturer ($1m)
- Contract Works – storm/water damage to civil works for waste disposal project ($1m)
- Fire damage and increased cost of working to a Primary School ($3.5m)